Agfa Azura TS
IMAGE. GUM. PRINT.
The preferred plate for volume users as imaging and developing offline offer greater flexibility.
- Elimination of process variables provides reliable, consistent and high-quality results
- Robust, scratch-resistant plates provide easy handling
- Printing directly from a gummed aluminum substrate provides wide printing latitude
Azura is easy on the environment and on your wallet. It lets you benefit from one of the simplest, most reliable and predictable CtP technologies ever created. Elimination of chemical process variables (developer, replenisher and rinse water) reduces waste and the disposal costs associated with it.
Second generation Azura
- Run lengths up to 100.000 copies
- Available in 2-up, 4-up and 8-up sizes
- For low to medium throughput thermal CtP users
- 2-98 % screen tints at 200 lpi
Based on patented ThermoFuse technology:
All Azura plates are based on Agfa Graphics' award-winning ThermoFuse technology, a purely physical imaging technology that guarantees simplicity and convenience under the widest range of conditions. Upon thermal laser exposure, the latex pearls in the single-layer water-based coating of the printing plate fuse to form a solid ink-accepting image, which is then bond to the substrate by a purely physical process. In the case of Azura TS a dedicated clean-out unit uses gum to finish the plate and clean the unfused areas.